Have you tried everything and you do not manage to lower your cholesterol? Maybe it’s time to try the guggulipid as an herbal treatment for cholesterol. Find out what are its benefits are and how to consume it reading this article. Do not miss it!
What is guggulipid
If you do not already know, the guggulipid is the resinous sap extracted from the guggul tree, whose scientific name is Commiphora wightii. You’ve probably heard of this exotic tree, with some of its other names: Guggal or Mukul myrrh tree.
This resin has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine as a natural remedy to treat different conditions, but especially to regulate lipid metabolism. Today it still used as a natural treatment to lower LDL cholesterol levels in the blood. Interested to know its benefits? Pay attention to the following paragraphs.
Guggulipid benefits to lower cholesterol
To check the properties of guggulipid, several scientific studies were conducted, one of the most important the Integrative Medicine Service Sloan Kettering, where it was found that guggulipid:
– Reduces cholesterol levels. In addition, you can also regulate the levels of other blood lipids.
– Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
– Lowers triglycerides. It was found that the guggulipid supplied to patients with high levels of LDL cholesterol, also influenced positively, lowered triglyceride levels by 20%.
– Prevents atherosclerosis.
But, you might be wondering: how do I consume guggulipid? Find the answer in the following paragraphs.
How to consume guggulipid
You can find it for sale on the market in the form of tablets or capsules.
There is no standard dose, recommended by health professionals. For that reason, I recommend that you follow the directions on the product label.
Side effects and contraindications of guggulipid
While guggulipid is considered a safe remedy, it can cause some mild side effects:
– Stomach ache,
– If you are pregnant or breastfeeding,
– If you suffer or you suffered breast or uterine cancer,
– If you take anticoagulant drugs,
– If you are on birth control pills.